There is a 45/55 split for all content creators, so Google keeps 45 percent of all YouTube advertising on your videos, and you get the remaining 55 percent. Watch time reports the total number of minutes your audience has spent viewing your content on your channel as a whole and by video. This helps you see what pieces of content viewers are actually consuming instead of just clicking on and navigating away from. You should be directed to an analytics dashboard that shows an overview of how your videos have been performing during the past 28 days. You can adjust the analytics timeframe by clicking on the drop-down menu in the upper right-hand corner.
- USB microphones are definitely the easiest to set up and use, but you are limited in your ability to easily upgrade and expand your audio quality over time.
- This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.
- You will notice that the chart on the left shows most views coming from “YouTube search”.
In many cases, these apps will provide advanced functionality than official YouTube website where most of the options are hidden behind a login. Everyone loves themes and Vance has a few to choose from. The official YouTube YouTube Studio app doesn’t offer a dark theme, but Vanced has dark, black, and a few other colors. Google is rolling out a dark mode to its YouTube mobile apps.
Setting Permissions For Your Youtube Brand Account
There might be times when you want to cut out parts of your video at the beginning, middle, or the end. This capability is especially helpful for those of you who do live streams and have too much dead space that you want to remove. According to theannouncement on YouTube’s Creator Blog, creators can now schedule posts from their mobile devices via the app. Adding hashtags on YouTube is as easy as adding a video description and video title. All you have to do is to add the hashtags on the video description itself.
Unlike most social platforms, YouTube allows you to share longer form videos, with a huge maximum upload file size of 128GB (or 12 hours!). whether a video relates to their interests rather than whether it features a celebrity — which means you can build an audience that has a real, authentic passion for your brand’s area of expertise. While trying to test out the feature, Gadgets 360 wasn’t able to view it, but YouTube does note the feature rollout will be slow.
If you understand how people are finding your videos, you can get a sense of which keywords are working and which keywords your audience isn’t searching for. Knowing your traffic sources can help you refine your SEO efforts even further. While YouTube SEO is somewhat important, most of your views will actually come from the “related videos” sidebar. It’s more important to optimize for related videos than for SEO. If you share a video and want to monitor how well it’s doing within the first couple days of uploading, you can come here and watch your analytics develop in real time.
Once you are able to change dates, you can pin-point how traffic increased as a result of a particular campaign or any other marketing effort that was sending viewers to your YouTube channel. According to the YouTube Partner Program eligibility requirements, you need 1,000 or more subscribers to monetize your YouTube channel. You also need a minimum of 4,000 public watch hours in the last 12 months and have a linked Google AdSense account. Connect your YouTube channel to a Google AdSense account to make money and get paid for monetized videos. If you’ve followed all of these steps closely, you should be improving your social media marketing efforts and growing your business on YouTube in no time.